SAP Business Intelligence
SAP Netweaver Business Intelligence (formerly known as SAP Business Information Warehouse), abreged SAP BW, is the cornerstone of SAP’s strategic Enterprise Data Warehouse solutions and runs on industry standard RDBMS and SAP's HANA in-memory DBMS.
Enterprise Data Warehousing
- Logon to SAP
- General Introduction.
- SAP introduction.
- Data warehousing/ BW/ BI Introduction
- Master data; Attributes, Texts, and Hierarchies.
- Standard Naming conventions in SAP and BI
- InfoObjects: Definitions
- Types: Characteristics, Key Figures, Time, and Unit.
- InfoCubes: Definitions.
- Types: Standards, real time, remote.
- Design of Info cube: Star Schema concepts. Precautions.
- DataStore objects (DSO):
- Types: Standards, Real time.
- MultiProviders: Scenarios to create Multiproviders.
- Infocube VS DSO
Metadata and Document Management
- BI Content: Definitions, How to install BI contents,
- For SAP source systems: Creating Generic data Source and maintaining SAP delivered data Source.
- Or for files: Creating Data Sources for File Source Systems
- Transformations and different scenarios.
- Creating data transfer processes
- Creating process chains
Scheduling and monitoring
- Checking process chain runs
- Monitor for extraction processes and data transfer processes
- Setting up standard authorizations
- Defining analysis authorizations
BI SUITE: Business Explorer
- Queries: New queries, Restricting Characteristics, Formulas and Exception Cells
- Query Design: Defining Exceptions, Conditions, Restricted and Calculated Key Figures
- Variables: The Variable Wizard, Variable Types and Processing Types, query Properties
- Component Properties: Properties of Characteristics, Attributes, Structure, Formula, Key Figures
- Structures: Creating Re-usable structures
- Functions on BW Server: Copying queries between Cubes, Deleting Query Elements
- WAD: Functions of WAD, Web Items Window, Template Window, Properties Window
- Web Applications: Creating Web Applications, Settings, Stylesheets, Symbols and Properties
- Design: Designing the Layout of Web Templates, working with Library for Web Items
- Web Items: Tables, Filters, Checkboxes, Dropdown Box and other web items and their attributes
- BEx Analyzer
- BEx Web Application Designer
- BEx Report Designer
- Information Broadcasting
- Functions of the Broadcaster: Precalculating and Exporting into Enterprise Portal
- User Guide: Distributing Queries and Web Templates, Scheduling Broadcasting Settings
- Example Scenarios: Monthly Sales Reports, Ad-hoc Distribution Options.
- OLAP v OLTP: The OLAP Concept and differences between OLAP and OLTP
- OLAP Functions: Aggregation, Currency Translation, Report-to-Report Interface
- MetaData Repository: Searching for MetaData
- Resume Building with sample resumes
- Frequently asked interview questions
- Common Production Issues
- Overview of Planning with SEM-BPS.
- Architecture of BPS components.
- Planning Models (Planning Area, Planning Level, Planning Functions, Planning Layouts, Packages).
- Characteristic relationships, Variables.
- Data Slice